Thursday 25 December 2014

Yule Love It!


It isn't Christmas in Britain until everyone is crying at this.

I hope you are all having a nice Christmas.  I am in my house with Sister Superior, preparing for some lunch and our annual greet-a-thon as we watch The Snowman on Channel 4.

I'd prefer if they showed the David Bowie intro
Inevitably, I got mostly nerdy gifts from kith and kin.  When in doubt for me, Lego or comics was a good bet in 1989 and it's still a good bet now.  However, I have two notable gifts I'd like to share with you.


....And She Don't Care
First up is a copy of Ticket to Ride, the German train-line-building board game.  Sister Superior and I played this a few times earlier in the year as it was one of the board games on the cruise ship - I'd heard of it before but had no experience of it actually at the table.  We had a lot of fun and have talked about picking it up - evidently, she could no longer wait.
The version we played was this, the American map - the one we have now is a Europe map.
This will inevitably get busted open later today but I'm also keen to try it with more players - I imagine it gets more interesting in a larger group.

Not a fascinating package, but the contents are fun.

 The other gift also has a connection with our anniversary, because back then I was given a Chaos Dwarf engine of war - now I've got another one in the shape of the Magma Cannon.  Hooray for explosions!

Hoping for good things here.



Anyway, I'll try to get back on the Hobgoblins soon and then get the Magma Cannon together.  Until then I will be watching Doctor Who,  eating Ginger Glazed Ham and generally lazing about the house.  Whatever it is you do for Christmas, I hope you enjoy it.


Merry Shitcrams to all, and to all a good shite!

1 comment:

  1. Ticket to Ride is, indeed, a very fun game that plays well with more players. I tend to prefer the European version over the American one as I like what the tunnels, ferries and stations add.

    I'll be happy to join you guys for a game any time :-).

    ReplyDelete