Tuesday 17 June 2014

Musket, Fife and Drum


Twenty Chaos Dwarfs ready for war.
I finally finished up my Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss unit last night, with some drybrushing of the bases and highlighting of the armour.  As I write this a layer of varnish is drying on them.  Above you'll see all twenty massed together.



The command group - musician, champion and standard bearer.
I am particularly happy with the standard bearer, who has come out really well from the Quickshade wash and with some edge highlighting of his hat. 

The closest Dwarf to camera is a home-cast one - as are all the back row.
The cloned Dwarfs aren't fantastic quality but massed together in a 10 x 2 rank blob they aren't especially noticable.  All in all I'm pretty happy with them.

So, what's next?  Well, I'm improvising a little movement tray for them...

A simple cardboard/sand/filler/PVA movement tray, in progress
...and then after that I should complete my Hobgoblin unit so I've got a solid Core Troops heart for my army.  Truth be told, though, I want a wee change of pace from trudging through a giant unit of models.  I feel like a little fun treat next.... and something Ailsa got me as a present for our anniversary seems appropriate, don't you think?

Thomas had a branch line.  CHOO CHOO.




No comments:

Post a Comment