Friday 25 April 2014

Cruise Control


The cruise ship, docked in Menorca.

As of yesterday afternoon I return to Glasgow, after one week where I was on a boat.

Well, I'm on a ship, but I want to link to the video as much as you do.

This was a pleasant holiday where there was wandering through Iberian streets, a plentiful variety of food on the ship and much romantic mushiness with my missus who has been my partner now for a decade.

I am one of those rare Scottish people who does not drink alcohol, so I made myself content with non-alcoholic beverages.

Ipso facto I drank a lot of Grenadine.

However, just because I was on a romantic holiday did not mean nerdity stopped.  Me and the good lady were constantly nattering about nerdy things, and a handful of pictures follow which struck me as having nerdy inspiration potential.



Like science fiction familiars....

   
Robo-pidgeons in Cartagenan graffiti.

Warhammer 40,000 terrain...

La Sagrada Familia - one heck of a cathedral.
 Gargoyles...

Slightly terrifying living statues abounded in Barcelona.
 Cultists....
For Holy Week, a Menorcan craft shop shows a diorama with cuddly.... no, not Ku Klux Klan members but in fact Catholics in Capirotes
 Dice...
Roman dice as found in Cartagena

And.... er.... THE HOLY FUCKING GRAIL, PEOPLE!

Within Valencia's Cathedral, this cup is apparently dated to 1st Century BC (with medieval handles).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment